Thursday, January 18, 2007

Shabbat Dinner Menu

Here's what I'll be making for shabbat dinner this week. I'll post some of the recipes later, based on what's good!

Starters:
Challah
Mekbouba (see post from last week)
Spicy Gefilte Fish

Soup:
Chinese Chicken Soup (my own invention)

Salad:
Mixed Greens with nuts, cherry tomatoes and enochi mushrooms
Balsamic, soy sauce and maple syrup salad dressing

Main Course:
Roasted root vegetables
Sesame green beans
Apricot and almond chicken

Dessert:
Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies
Pineapple
Banana Bread
Various fruit and dessert teas with honey




I'm having an old elementary school friend named Erynn over for dinner and an old friend from McGill is coming from Montreal, so it should be a really nice evening!

**NOTE: I'm going to the grocery store to pick up some missing ingredients for all this food. If the ingredients prove to be extremely expensive, I might strike some dishes off the list and choose some cheaper ones. In short...I have the right to change my shabbos menus!! :)

No comments: