Friday, January 19, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have a confession to make. I can't bake. I can cook, but I can't bake. I take after my mother.

Having said that, I did find a chocolate chip cookie recipe that's oh-so-easy and incredibly good. I didn't screw it up at all!

Of course, we have to give credit where credit is due, so you should know that this is my sister in law's recipe. Apparently my husband's family has been using it for years (not surprising, since it's so great!).

Before I post the recipe, there are a couple of things to note:
1. These cookies spread out a lot. Give each cookie plenty of room on the baking sheet.
2. Don't form dough balls....but rather form a ball and flatten it a bit to help the cookie spread nice and thin.
3. These cookies will be delicate. The best way to store them is in the freezer (seriously). They're so thin that you can just pull a frozen one out of the freezer and eat it straight away. Yum!

Ingredients:

1 cup margarine or butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch salt
1 cup chocolate chips (to taste)

Method:

1. Cream butter and sugars.
2. Mix in vanilla and eggs.
3. In a seperate bowl, mix dry ingrediants and chocolate chips.
4. Blend all.
5. Form cookies and place on greased baking sheets.
6. Bake at 8-12 minutes at 350F degrees.

Makes about 25 cookies



It's that easy. Enjoy!

No comments: