Thursday, January 18, 2007

Crazy about chopped liver

I know, it's weird, I'm a 24 year old female and I'm totally infatuated with chopped liver. I just can't get enough of the stuff, I crave it all time. Unfortunately one tablesppon has 6 grams of fat. And although I have the same taste in food as most 80 year old men and I don't want the same cholesterol level as them. So the solution to my problem is simple: Vegetarian Chopped Liver. Here is the very easy and totally delicious recipe:

2 tbsp oil
2 chopped onions
3 hard boiled eggs
1 14 ounce can of green peas (drained)
1/4 cup of raw, unsalted almonds
salt and pepper to taste

1) saute the onions in the oil until brown
2) put all ingredients in food processor
3) turn food processor on until mixture resembles green chopped liver
4) Enjoy!!

No comments: