Friday, February 2, 2007

Wednesday/Thursday/Shabbat!

Well, we got busy with things, and Adam actually cooked dinner!
 
Wednesday he BBQ'd chicken thighs and they were FABULOUS! They were WAY too salty, but otherwise they were so incredible. Apparently he got a hold of my kosher salt shaker and didn't know how potent the stuff really was. He then proceeded to pour the salt on the chicken....in the dark! Anyway, that's besides the point. I quizzed him like a suspect to find out if he could recall exactly what he put on the chicken and in what quantity, because it was just so good. He thinks he might remember....We'll have to try that recipe again later.
 
Last night I marinated a dinosaur-sized beef rib for both of us. It was so huge that we shared the rib and were both stuffed afterwards. I like red meat, but I'm not crazy about things like ribs. I get turned off by the fat and the and chewy stuff, I get turned off if it's not well done and I just don't enjoy it as much as Adam. He always gives me a nice huge piece, and I invariably end up taking two bites and plunking the rest onto his place. Oh well...we'll just leave this stuff as his favorite.
 
Now. what about tonight (Friday)?
Well, we have a very nice adult menu planned. I say adult because all my dishes seem to have very adult flavors...not something a kid would like. Here's the menu:
 
Smoked salmon rolls (capers, lemon wedges, etc.)
Marinated mushroom mix
Hummus
Warm almonds (for Tu B'shvat)
Challah

Chinese Chicken Soup

Spicy Olive & Artichoke Chicken
Black & white garlic rice mould
Steamed vegetables (not sure what)

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fresh fruit salad
 
I made the chocolate chip cookies from the recipe that I posted a couple weeks back. They turned out really well again, except they look SO different this time! I made the same sized dough balls and everything, but this time they didn't spread out and become thin and crispy like last time. This time they baked up thick and a little harder. They're really delicious and, other than the fact that half of them are slightly too brown, they actually look professional! Anyway, I'll have to ask my sister-in-law why that might've happened. She's a bit of a baking whiz.
 
Oh...and another thing. You might notice a slight decrease in the number of pictures posts I take of my own food. That's because I just remembered that picture messages I take with my phone and send to my email actually cost money. Oops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEEEEEELO!
I'm so glad i have finally arrived at my destination! This is so cute, and your food is amazing! thanx for the chocolate chip cookie recipe from Aviva that i will be using as soon as i can!!!
love you so so much,
R&R