Thursday, February 8, 2007

This week's focus: Cooking for toothless people....

Ok, not really toothless, but cooking for people who can't use their teeth. Many of you may know that Adam is having his wisdom teeth out today (actually, I'm writing this while waiting for him to emerge from surgery).

I'm trying to think up recipes I can make for him in the coming days, as he eases his way back into solid foods. If I remember correctly (from my own surgery), he should have use of some of this front teeth, which means he should be able to handle soft foods.

Sooo...I have the perfect dish in mind....Sheppard's Pie! The ground beef is easy to down with little chewing the corn and carrots and peas are like mush and the mashed potatoes are totally soft. Perfect!!

We laughed about how Adam, my meat-loving man, would have to eat nothing but dairy for the next few days, which he wasn't looking forward to. But now, I'll get to surprise him with beef when he gets home!

Other things I'm planning to make:

-Pureed vegetable soup
-Yoghurt and fruit milkshakes
-Ice cream!!

I'll let you know how recovery is going.

No comments: